Other
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
Hello.

A book is dedicated to the X Anniversary of the Establishment/Foundation of the Diocese and Renovation of the Monastery.

What variant will work better in this case? Establishment or foundation?

Can I omit establishment/foundation and renovation?
So it would be just A book is dedicated to the X Anniversary of the Diocese and Monastery.

What variant will work better in this case? Establishment or foundation?
I would imagine "establishment", but why have you capitalized some of those words?

Can I omit establishment/foundation and renovation?
So it would be just A book is dedicated to the X Anniversary of the Diocese and Monastery.
No. An anniversary is about an event.

I would imagine "establishment", but why have you capitalized some of those words?
Because it will be printed on the title page. Shouldn't there be capitalized letters?

One more question. Can I just write to the X Anniversary ... without a book is dedicated?

Because it will be printed on the title page. Shouldn't there be capitalized letters?

One more question. Can I just write to the X Anniversary ... without a book is dedicated?

No, that would be meaningless as a sentence.
You could say, "A book/souvenir programme is (produced) to commemorate/celebrate/mark the X Anniversary...".

As a title of the book, you could write:

Souvenir Programme to Celebrate the Xth Anniversary of the Establishment of...

I think it is better to use a title than a sentence on the cover.

Last edited:
When you say "title page", do you meant the cover?
Is the book the souvenir programme for the anniversary?

When you say "title page", do you meant the cover?
Is the book the souvenir programme for the anniversary?

Yes, I mean the cover.
It is a booklet (special edition) for the anniversary.

What is going to be printed, a title or a subtitle? It is going to be a subtitle and it will pe printed on the booklet cover.
I wrote as follows: Booklet to Celebrate the XXX Anniversary of the Establishmentof the Diocese and Renovationof the Monastery.
No a at the beginning of the sentence.

Write the full thing out, and we'll comment.
Would you please check?

Do you mean the 30th/thirtieth anniversary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back