Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Algeria
Current Location
Algeria
as an ESP teacher , how Economic students should learns english

Hello Faraj and welcome to the forum.

Are you trying to ask us about the best ways for students of economics to learn English? If so, our site has many resources they can use In addition to this forum.

As an ESP teacher, how should Economics students should learns learn English?

Welcome to the forum. Please note my corrections above.

It's important to follow these rules of written English at all times:
- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- End every sentence with one appropriate punctuation mark.
(There are other rules but those are the main two that you didn't follow in your post.)

When you say "As an ESP teacher" (what does "ESP" mean?), do you mean that you are such a teacher, or you think we are?

ESP means "extra-sensory perception" to me. Don't use abbreviations unless you are sure others know what you mean.

@tedmc has a valid point. But for those who don't know, according to Collins English Dictionary ESP stands for English for Specific Purposes (or Special Purposes).

Sorry I can't post a link right now.

I read somewhere once that the first time you use an abbreviation in an article you should explain what it means. That's especially true if the abbreviation is not a common one, or maybe you're using a common abbreviation in a different way than it's normally used. In that case you should also make things clear.

To be fair, the abbreviation ESP is widely understood in the world of EFL. It means 'English for Specific Purposes' and is used largely in contrast with general English. Say you're teaching English to a trainee doctor, you'd provide them with the specific language they'd need to do their job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back