[General] E-mail. Please correct my mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

asphyxia

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Japanese
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Poland
Hello,
Could you help me and check my short email to University?
I don't feel confident in English and this message is really important for me.

"Hello,
My name is S*** Yuki and I am living in Germany. I am currently Ethnolinguistics at Faculty of Modern Languages and Literature, University of *** in Berlin. I received permission to study in Bergen from Erasmus+ (at my university). However, everything took place after the deadline. And now, I have a question, could I still apply for a dorm room designed for students from international exchange who will start studying at University of Bergen during summer semester next year, even if it is after the deadline? (I received information that the application deadline for housing expired 14 May and Norwegian language courses was to 15 May. It also concerns students who arrive in the second semester or just students who will come this autumn?)

Thank you very much for help. I look forward to your response.

Yours faithfully,
S*** Yuki"

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for help. How about the last sentence?

However, everything took place after the deadline.
It means that I was granted a scholarship after recruitment, which ended earlier. Should I express it in some other way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back