Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
[FONT=&#48148]My favorite instrument is the drum. I usually play an electrical drum on the weekend in my house.
As you think, the drum playing sound/drumming sound is so loud,[/FONT]
[FONT=&#48148] It is hard to play a drum in the house. So I bought an electrical drum made of rubber pads.
If I didn’t have a drum, I would have to rent a band-exercise room to play a drum, but the rent fee is so expensive and [/FONT]
[FONT=&#48148]I can hardly find a room/there rarely is a room to play a drum only.

Please let me know which is correct in the underlined parts.[/FONT]

I would say:

As you know, the sound of the drums is very loud.

There rarely is a room just for playing the drums.

My favorite instrument is the drums. We rarely play just one drum. I assume you use a drum kit.

I usually play [STRIKE]an[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]electrical[/STRIKE] [my] electronic drums on the weekend in my house.

As you think, the [STRIKE]drum playing sound/drumming[/STRIKE] sound of drums is [STRIKE]so[/STRIKE] very loud. I don't know what the underlined part means.

It is hard to play [STRIKE]a drum[/STRIKE] real drums in the house no full stop here so I bought an [STRIKE]electrical[/STRIKE] electronic drum kit made of rubber pads.

If I didn’t have [STRIKE]a drum[/STRIKE] my own drums, I would have to rent a [STRIKE]band-exercise room[/STRIKE] rehearsal room/studio to play, [STRIKE]a drum,[/STRIKE] but the rent [STRIKE]fee[/STRIKE] is [STRIKE]so[/STRIKE] very expensive and
[STRIKE]I can hardly find a room/there rarely is a room to play a[/STRIKE] there are few drum-only rooms available.

Please note my corrections (in red) and comments (in blue) above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back