Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
I am trying to improve my writing skill. So, I need your help to correct my mistakes.

Here are my sentences;

Target Word: Doom(n)(v)

We are heading straight for our doom, the death eventually will come. (noun)
When you feel full of doom, try to perceive the events in a more optimistic manner. (noun)
Their heavy armored infantries doomed the enemies to their end. (verb)

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
Which do you think are verbs or nouns?

Thank you for your answer. I edit the post to demonstrate which are nouns or verbs.

I am trying to improve my writing skills [STRIKE]. So,[/STRIKE] and I need your help to correct my mistakes.

Here are my sentences:

Target Word: Doom (n)(v)

1. We are heading straight [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] to our doom; [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] death eventually will come. (noun)
2. When you feel full of doom, try to perceive [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] events in a more optimistic manner. (noun)
3. Their heavily-armored infantries doomed the enemies to their end. (verb) (You might mean "heavily-armed".)

Thanks for your help!

See above. You chose correctly between a noun and a verb each time but there were other errors in sentences 1 and 3. In #3, were the infantries wearing a lot of armour (armor) or carrying a lot of weapons?

I would use infantry uncountably.

Thank you for your answers. I am grateful for your help.

If I mean the infantry that carries a lot of weapons, can ''heavy armored'' be used?

I mean the infantry that wears a lot of armour.

Thank you for your answers. I am grateful for your help.

If I mean the infantry that carries a lot of weapons, can ''heavy armored'' be used?

I mean the infantry that wears a lot of armour.

If would say that if they are carrying a lot of weapons, they are a "heavily-armed infantry". If they're wearing a lot of very protective armour, they're a "heavily-armoured infantry".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back