Don't' worry pronunciation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please listen to my pronunciation of "Don't worry" and let me know your opinion. pronunciation

Please make sure you write in complete sentences on the forum, and make it clear what you are asking us to do.

Your pronunciation of both words needs work. The "o" in "don't" needs to be a longer letter, as if you saying the letter "o". With "worry", the "o" should sound like the "u" in "hum/bum/tug/hug".

You can listen to fourteen native speakers from different regions pronounce "don't" HERE.
You can listen to eight native speakers from different regions pronounce "worry" HERE.

Your first effort sounded close to perfect to my ear, mohammedabo, and the second version wrong.

Please make sure you write in complete sentences on the forum, and make it clear what you are asking us to do.
I recorded my question and wrote a hint of it.
Your pronunciation of both words needs work. The "o" in "don't" needs to be a longer letter, as if you saying the letter "o". With "worry", the "o" should sound like the "u" in "hum/bum/tug/hug".

I watched a video describing the sound in worry as same as in word and work.

You can listen to fourteen native speakers from different regions pronounce "don't" HERE.
yes, you right. But I prefer to make he sound too.
You can listen to eight native speakers from different regions pronounce "worry" HERE.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back