[General] Does your company cover your fee in Chongqing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverobama

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hi.

I met a young woman in my English club tonight. She comes from Beijing and is on business trip in my city. We chatted with each other and I asked her a question "Does your company cover your fee in Chongqing?". I wonder if it's natural to mean "When you're in Chongqing, does your company pay for all the expenses here?".

Please enlighten me on the italic sentence.

[STRIKE]Hi.[/STRIKE] Unnecessary. Please just go straight into your question.

I met a young woman in my English club tonight. She comes from Beijing and is on a business trip in my city. We chatted with each other and I asked her [STRIKE]a question[/STRIKE] "Does your company cover your fee in Chongqing?" no full stop here I wonder if it's natural if I use it to mean "When you're in Chongqing, does your company pay for all the expenses here?" no full stop here

Please [STRIKE]enlighten me on[/STRIKE] tell me if the italic sentence is correct and natural.

Please note my corrections above. You must remember that if a quote ends with its own punctuation mark, we don't put a full stop after the closing quotation mark.

"Does your company cover your fee in Chongqing?". I wonder if [STRIKE]it's natural to[/STRIKE] it means the same as "When you're in Chongqing, does your company pay for all the expenses here?".
No. Use the second one.

It isn't.

A fee is something that is paid for a service.

Piscean, I wonder if the following sentence is natural (without changing the sentence structure but words).

Does your company cover all your expenses in Chongqing?

Cover is the same as pay.
The other possibility is "reimburse", which is when the company pays the staff after the latter has paid for the expenses.

It is probably better if they only cover your genuine business expenses as it is possible to spend money on things that are not tax-deductible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back