Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
England
"I believe Hamlet is a great play, more or less. Any speculation of it and the renascence movement is not to be taken seriously"

Does this sentence approve or disprove the following statement:

"There is a link or a connection between Hamlet and the renascence movement"

Last edited by a moderator:
"I believe Hamlet is a great play, more or less. Any speculation of it and the renascence movement is not to be taken seriously"

Does this sentence approve or disprove the following statement:

"There is a link or a connection between Hamlet and the renascence movement"

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Is this homework? Note the correct spelling of "renaissance".

Also, something can either "prove" or "disprove" something. "Approve" is incorrect.

Last edited:
I think the Renaissance, being a period in history, should be capitalized.

Fair enough. I've never seen it. Well, now I have. ;-)

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Is this homework? Note the correct spelling of "renaissance".

Also, something can either "prove" or "disprove" something. "Approve" is incorrect.

Thank you for the welcome, I apologies for not introducing myself before posting.

I am The_User_1010, nice to meet you all :)

Regarding your question about whether this is a homework, the answer is yes and no.

I am preparing a presentation with one of my friends, and sent me this message and could not understand him, and I could

not get hold of him, that is why I am asking.

Will your presentation be graded?

Will your presentation be graded?

Yes, but this sentence and statement were just a conversation between me and my friend.

I sent him the statement via text and he sent me the sentence via text also.

I'm not clear what your question is now. Is the sentence he sent you intended to be part of the presentation or was he simply giving his opinion about the play?

I'm not clear what your question is now. Is the sentence he sent you intended to be part of the presentation or was he simply giving his opinion about the play?

Just an opinion.

The sentence appears to disapprove of the original statement.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm interested to know whether the OP meant "Does it prove or disprove the statement?" or "Does it approve or disapprove of the statement?" They mean completely different things.

I'm interested to know whether the OP meant "Does it prove or disprove the statement?" or "Does it approve or disapprove of the statement?" They mean completely different things.

I think it's "approve or disapprove of the statement"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back