Does the guy at 0:20-:0:25 does not pronounce preposition "to' between "just" and "have"

Status
Not open for further replies.

svetlana14

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
Does the guy at 0:20-:0:25 does not pronounce preposition "to' between "just" and "have" [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyGjs_bBMBA&t=120s]? I'm struggling to hear "to" but it seems to me that it;'s dropped. Moreover it appears that he drops "h" in "have" so that he say "ave". Is it a case here?

Does the guy at 0:20-:0:25 does not pronounce preposition "to' between "just" and "have"
He doesn't. He says "to just", then pauses, then says "have". It's a split infinitive.

It's a particle not a preposition.

Sorry for asking this question again. I do not hear "to" even at a very very slow speed. Can ommision of "to" infinitive be the case here? (like in this online article)? Thank you again for paying attention to that question.

Are you sure you got the time stamp right? Can you write down the sentence in question please?

Are you sure you got the time stamp right? Can you write down the sentence in question please?
It is the end of 0:20 and the beginning of 0:25. The sentence is (as I hear it)" ...you want us just have an argument... ".

It is the end of 0:20 and the beginning of 0:25. The sentence is (as I hear it)" ...you want us just have an argument... ".
Do you hear as the native speaker in the other way? Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back