Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Macedonia
Good day!

In order to learn new words I tried to make some personal sentences with them.
Could you please tell me if they sound natural?

1. Even if at first you don't enjoy the series, once you start watching you'll become hooked because of the emotional cliffhangers at the end of episodes. It becomes hard not to feel curious about what happens next.

2. When you start to regret that you don’t have what you want or that your life is miserable, actually that is a very moment when you should make an effort and become grateful for everything that you already have, as corny as it sounds.

Corny as it sounds, you do want to make the world a better place for humans and other living beings.

4. I got bored by corny remarks about my vegetarian life style.

5. During my school years I was a compulsive reader of literature, I was obsessed with books.

6. My compulsive need to succeed in English made me work hard and learn a lot.

7. I don’t mind when conversation turns to more mundane issues, I just don’t enjoy listening to people’s complaints and regrets about everyday life.

8. After long and adventurous trips I am delighted to come back home. The return to mundane things brings me relief and restore my serene and leisurely habit of life.

9. When I write a birthday card or a text to congratulate somebody, I never use those hackneyed phrases you find on the internet. I always try to write my own personal message.

10. You may say these are pretty hackneyed phrases about relationships, but still beneath them you can find a wisdom worthy of your attention.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Tatiana, and welcome to the forum. :)
Would you please correct the info on your profile first?

Thank you!
Could you tell me what exactly I should correct?

Your current location. Are you in Russia?

Your IP address does not match your claimed "Current Location".

oh i see, i've corrected it.

Oh, I see. I've corrected it.

Thank you for doing that. Note my corrections above. Even in short sentences, it's important to start with a capital letter. You must always capitalise the word "I".

I would say that you have used each bolded word in post #1 appropriately and naturally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back