Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
Topic: Do you usually celebrate your birthday? Do you enjoy your birthday?

I haven't been celebrating my birthday for a long time. I guess it's been over ten years since I celebrated my last birthday. I didn't celebrate my birthday over these years because I has been very busy. During secondary school, I was busy preparing my exams and tests. And Now I am focusing on my job. Sometimes, I am really exhausted and don't even remember my birthday. I would rather spend time sleeping than celebrating any special days or festivals.
But I did enjoy my birthday when I was child. It was fun to play around with my friends. I was always excited to unpack the gift that my friends gave me. I remember someone sent me a weird gift. It's a mini toilet model. I don't understand why she gave me that. Maybe she received it from another person and took that opportunity to get rid of it. When I played make-believe, I used the toilet a lot. It was still an interesting memory to me.

I haven't [STRIKE]been celebrating[/STRIKE] celebrated my birthday for a long time. I guess it's been over ten years since I last celebrated my [STRIKE]last[/STRIKE] birthday. I [STRIKE]didn't[/STRIKE] haven't celebrated my birthday over these years because I have [STRIKE]has[/STRIKE] been very busy. During secondary school, I was busy preparing for my exams and tests. And Now I am focusing on my job. Sometimes, I am really exhausted and don't even remember my birthday. I would rather spend time sleeping than celebrating any special days or events. [STRIKE]festivals.[/STRIKE]
But I did enjoy my birthday when I was child. It was fun to play around with my friends. I was always excited to unpack the gifts that my friends gave me. I remember someone once sent me a weird gift. [STRIKE]It's a mini toilet[/STRIKE] It was a mini toilet model. I didn't and still don't understand why she gave me that. Maybe she received it from another person and took that opportunity to get rid of it. When I played make-believe, I used the toilet a lot. It was still an interesting memory to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back