Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I don't know if "emotions" and "feelings" are the same. I asked GPT this question:

Do you have emitions and feelings? Will you be happy and angry?

Are my italic sentences natural?

I don't know if "emotions" and "feelings" are the same. I asked ChatGPT this question:

Do you have emotions and feelings? Will you be Are you ever happy and or angry?

Are my italic sentences natural?
There's some crossover between "emotions" and "feelings" but they're not 100% interchangeable. See above for my corrections to your questions. Did ChatGPT answer you?

Did ChatGPT answer you?
He did.

Here we go!
As an artificial intelligence, I don't have emotions or feelings like humans do. I don't experience happiness, anger, or any other emotions. My responses are generated based on patterns in data and language rules rather than personal experiences or feelings. If I seem to express understanding or empathy, it's because I'm programmed to simulate human-like conversation and provide helpful responses based on the input I receive.
Interesting! Sometimes I notice that he uses exclamation marks and speaks like we do. When I argue with him, he sometimes is not happy, especailly when I insist that something is obviously wrong. :)

Here we go!
Shouldn't that be "here you go" for giving something that has been asked?

"Here we go" means something else. It is said when something is beginning to happen.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, why do you refer to ChatGPT as "he"? I don't use it but if I did, I'd refer to it as "it".
I consider it one of my teachers. He's a bit strict. :)

Why don't you call it "she" then?
Long story short: I actually detested using ChatGPT because I am quite old-fashioned. I enjoy learning correct and natural English from teachers in real life. Until one day, I watched a video, a man talking to ChatGPT in English and HE replies to the man in English too. That really surprised me. From then on, I began to "pre" recognize that ChatGPT is a male instead of a female. However, I totally agree with you that, yes, it should be "IT". :)

Shouldn't that be "here you go" for giving something that has been asked?

"Here we go" means something else. It is said when something is beginning to happen.
Any comment from the teachers?

The Like I gave your post meant that I agree with what you said @tedmc.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back