Indonesia
Special discount is on selected items.

Or

Special discount on selected items.

Which one is correct?

Thanks

Last edited:
Neither is correct.

A special discount has been applied to selected items.
Selected items have been specially discounted.

There is no reason to capitalise "discount" in your sentences. In addition, remember that every sentence must end with a punctuation mark.

Last edited by a moderator:
Neither is correct.

A special discount has been applied to selected items.
Selected items have been specially discounted.

There is no reason to capitalise "discount" in your sentences. In addition, remember that every sentence must end with a punctuation mark.
My post has been edited. Can you see it again? And which sentence is correct? Thank you.

Wasn't it you that posted a very similar question a few days ago and were given several thorough explanations of the answer to your question?

PS: Yes it was. I suggest you read the responses to "5 hotels in or are in". The answer is the same.
My question to you stands. Do you know what a verb and a sentence are?

Last edited:
Wasn't it you that posted a very similar question a few days ago and were given several thorough explanations of the answer to your question?

PS: Yes it was. I suggest you read the responses to "5 hotels in or are in". The answer is the same.
My question to you stands. Do you know what a verb and a sentence are?
I found an advertisement like this "Special discount 30% on selected items?". For that sentence, Do we need to be? like this "Special discount 30% is on selected items"

No. That is not a sentence; it's an advertisement. It could be a sign. It does not need a verb any more than a sign saying "SALE!" does.
When you see some written words, you need to work out what they are for. Not every piece of writing is a sentence.

I don't much like the advertisement wording either.

30% off selected items

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back