Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Hello All,

Could you please tell me is it good to be pleasing than just being polite espeically as a customer support exceutive.

Thank you

You can be polite while you tell the customer you cannot fulfill their request. Being pleasing means you find a way to do it.

Hello All,

Could you please tell me [STRIKE]is it[/STRIKE]if it is [STRIKE] good[/STRIKE]better to be pleasing than just [STRIKE]being[/STRIKE]to be polite espeically as a customer support exceutive.

It is always good to be polite, especially as a customer support executive.

We use pleasing to describe people's manner or appearance rather than the actual people.

Thanks for your help and corrections!

I think my question wasn't clear.

There are a few people who try to be overly pleasing to get customer satisfaction. I personally don't like it. You can be polite and friendly, but being overly pleasing kind of irritates me. What are your thoughts?

I agree with you, but as this is a forum for discussing language problems, I think it would be better if we stopped this potentially very interesting topic here. :)

Ah. I think if you had said "polite" versus "obsequious" I would have been on the right page.

I find the overly flowery, fawning approach very annoying indeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back