Difference between manhood, manliness and masculinity, as well as womanhood and femininity ?

Anonymous32

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
France
Current Location
France
Difference between manhood, manliness and masculinity, as well as womanhood and femininity ?

I have asked this question many times to AIs, native English speakers on other forums and many more, but that's still very confusing for me as no one has been capable of clearly explaining the difference to me yet.

Thanks for helping !

What is the difference between manhood, manliness and masculinity, as well as womanhood and femininity?

I have asked this question many times to AIs AI, native English speakers on other forums and many more other people, but that's it's still very confusing for me. as No one has been capable of clearly explaining the difference to me yet.

Thanks for helping!
Please note my corrections above. What definitions have you found of all those words when you looked them up in good online dictionaries?

Part of the issue is that some of those terms are fairly subjective. Different people have different personal definitions of what's considered manly or masculine, feminine or femininity.

Manhood and womanhood can at least be partially defined by both legal and physiological changes.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back