Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

When I was a child, I wanted to be a gourmet because I could eat a lot of delicious food and get paid for it. However, as I grew up, I found that if I had to be a professional one, it was impossible because I needed to eat something unpalatable to me such as raw meat, escargots or bugs. Then, My aim switched to being a movie critic because I thought it was a casual work and this time, I only needed to use my eyes. However, I found it hard again because sometimes a movie might involve a lot of historical references or require cinematic knowledge to understand it. Until now, I still haven't find a easy job. Many jobs are hard.

This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

When I was a child, I wanted to be a gourmet because I WOULD BE ABLE TO eat a lot of delicious food and get paid for it. However, as I grew up, I found that if I had to be a professional one, it was impossible because I needed to eat something unpalatable to me such as raw meat, escargots or bugs. Then, My aim switched to being a movie critic because I thought it was a EASY JOB and this time, I only needed to use my eyes. However, I found it hard again because sometimes a movie might involve a lot of historical references or require cinematic knowledge to understand it. UP TO THIS POINT I still haven't find a easy job. Many jobs are hard.
I didn't know gourmets got paid to eat.

When I was a child, I wanted to be a professional gourmet because so that I could eat a lot of delicious food and get paid for it. However, as I grew up, I found realised that if I had to be a professional one, it was would be impossible to do it professionally because I needed would have to eat something unpalatable to me things I don't like, such as raw meat, escargots or bugs. Then, My aim goal switched to being a movie critic because I thought it was a casual work job and this time, and I would only needed need to use my eyes. However, I found it discovered that would be hard again too because sometimes a movie might involve a lot of historical references or require cinematic knowledge to understand it. Until now, I still haven't find found an easy job. Many jobs are hard.
See above. We don't use "gourmet" as a noun much in BrE. It's used as an adjective quite frequently though.
Why do you want an easy job? Wouldn't it be better to find a rewarding job (I don't necessarily mean financially rewarding)?

I've never heard of anybody getting paid to eat before. Where do you go to sign up for that job? šŸ˜œ

I've never heard of anybody getting paid to eat before. Where do you go to sign up for that job? šŸ˜œ
In the UK, we'd call them food critics. It can be extremely financially rewarding especially if you write for a national newspaper or magazine, or present or appear on a TV show.

Why do you want an easy job? Wouldn't it be better to find a rewarding job (I don't necessarily mean financially rewarding)?
I want a rewarding easy job. šŸ¤£

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back