Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

Today, while using my laptop, I saw some ants walking around my desk. Then, I searched my book and stuff to see where they came from. I turned over a notebook and saw hundreds of ants. That was crazy! I threw the notebook away and used sprayed alcohol on them. Now, most of them are gone but there are still some that appear on and off.

This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

Today, while using my laptop, I saw some ants walking around on my desk. Then, I searched my books and other stuff to see where they came had come/were coming from. I turned over a notebook and saw found hundreds of ants [under it]. That It was crazy! I threw the notebook away and used sprayed alcohol on them the ants. Now, Most of them are gone now but there are still some that appear on and off a few around.
:cry: Poor ants.

I disagree with @emsr2d2 slightly. I see nothing wrong with "I turned over a notebook and saw hundreds of ants under it". However, I probably wouldn't bother to count them. I would just say I saw a bunch of ants.
😊

saw hundreds of ants under it". However, I probably wouldn't bother to count them. I would just say I saw a bunch of ants.
😊
Nobody who uses the expression 'hundreds of ...' actually counts anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back