Diary - One day, I went to my friend Jenny's home.

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

One day, I went to my friend Jenny's home. When I left, she told me about her mum's family. She said many members in her mother side has the ability of psychic. Once when they were playing mahjong, a fox head stuck out of a wall, near one of the members. He gripped its snoot immediately. Another member stopped him and said, "Don't play! Release it!" My friend said that was a fox spirit but it was higher level than a spirit. Maybe some kind of a fairy. After hearing all the stories Jenny had been telling me, I started to believe many folklores could be true.

I'm confused about the second sentence. You say she told you that after you left. What do you mean by that? Did she not tell you that stuff while you were there? I can only guess what that means.

I would say many members of her mum's family are psychic.

I'm confused about the second sentence. You say she told you that after you left. What do you mean by that? Did she not tell you that stuff while you were there? I can only guess what that means.
She accompanied me to the bus stop after I left her home. She told me the story during the walk.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back