Diary - My eyes has been itching for three weeks.

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

My eyes has been itching for three weeks. I already saw a doctor, and he gave me some eye drops and pills. They didn't have much effect on me so I'm going to see an eye doctor tomorrow. I don't know what has irritated my eyes. Over the past years, I has become more sensitive to chemical products such as shampoo or lotion. I suspect the itch was caused by my newly-brought shampoo. I didn't want to change it but the old one has discontinued. I hope my eyes will get well soon. I'd rather lose all my hair than being blind.

Did you read your work carefully before submitting it?
Yes. I just couldn't see them.

Revised:
My eyes have been itching for three weeks. I already saw a doctor, and he gave me some eye drops and pills. They didn't have much effect on me so I'm going to see an eye doctor tomorrow. I don't know what has irritated my eyes. Over the past years, I have become more sensitive to chemical products such as shampoo or lotion. I suspect the itch was caused by my newly-bought shampoo. I didn't want to change it but the old one has discontinued. I hope my eyes will get well soon. I'd rather lose all my hair than being blind.

Yes, but I just couldn't see it.

The original is not terrible, but I would say, "They haven't had much effect on me ...."

I would say, "I suspect the itch has been caused by my new shampoo." (It doesn't matter when you bought it. What matters is when you used it.)

Perhaps: "I didn't want to get a new one, but the old one was discontinued."

I'd rather lose all my hair than go blind.

My eyes have been itching for three weeks. I already saw a doctor, and he gave me some eye drops and pills. They didn't have much effect on me so I'm going to see an eye doctor tomorrow. I don't know what has irritated my eyes. Over the past few years, I have become more sensitive to chemical products such as shampoo or and lotion. I suspect the itching/irritation was caused by my newly-bought shampoo. I didn't want to change it from my usual shampoo but the old one has been discontinued. I hope my eyes will get well better soon. I'd rather lose all my hair than being go/be blind.
See above. The final sentence is a bit odd. I doubt there's anyone on the planet who would prefer to go blind than lose their hair!

I doubt there's anyone on the planet who would prefer to go blind than lose their hair!
Doesn't my last sentence mean I prefer to lose my hair?:unsure:

Doesn't my last sentence mean I would prefer to lose my hair?:unsure:
Yes, that's exactly what it means. I'm saying that it's a bit redundant. You feel the same as most people so it's not really worth mentioning.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back