Diary - I've been taking a painting class recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

I've been taking a painting class recently. I've started with sketching first and will do watercolour in later lessons. There are only four students in each session, so teachers can spend more time demonstrating how to draw for each student. In my first lesson, almost 70% of the sketch was drawn by my teacher. The outcome of the painting was great but I felt bad because it was not my work. I need to practise more.

This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

I've been taking a painting class recently. I've started with sketches and will do watercolours later. There are only four students in each session, so teachers can spend considerable personal time with each student. In my first lesson, almost 70% of the sketch was drawn by my teacher. The outcome of the painting was great, but I felt bad because it was not my work. I need to practise more.
You're still learning, and the teacher is helping you. That's a good thing, isn't it?

Are sketches the same thing as paintings, or should that word be "drawing"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back