Diary - It's getting hotter and muggier.

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

It's getting hotter and muggier. Although bus services are frequent, it's still unbearable for me to just stand at the stops for a few minutes. I can't imagine how tough people's life would be if they had to live at a place like this but without winter. How could they work outdoors when it's scorching hot all-year around?

This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

It's getting hotter and muggier. Although the bus services are frequent, it's still unbearable for me to just stand at the bus stops for a few minutes. I can't imagine how tough people's life would be if they had to live at in a place like this but without winter (the seasons). How could can they work outdoors when it's scorching hot all-year around?

Perhaps:

Although the bus comes by fairly often, it's still quite uncomfortable for me to stand there in the sweltering heat while waiting for the bus.

And:

I can't imagine how tough it must be for people who live where it's hot all year round.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back