Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

It's been hot this month. I keep my air conditioners on anytime. It's impossible for me to stay outside over an hour. I saw some workers still need to work on site. That's crazy. I'm sure I will get heat stroke in ten mintues for working under the sun.

This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

It's been hot this month. I've been keeping (having) my air conditioners on anytime all the time. It's impossible for me to stay outside for over an hour. I saw some workers still need to work on site. That's crazy. I'm sure I will get heatstroke in after ten minutes for working under the sun.

Last edited:
@Maybo Try:

I'm sure I would would get a heat stroke after ten minutes of working under that hot sun.

Last edited:
Are you sure you'd get a "head stroke"?
I have an excuse. If I don't wipe them often enough these glasses fog up. (I have other excuses, but that's the one I'm using this time. 😀)

I fixed the error.

That's another BrE vs AmE difference. In the UK, we "get heatstroke" - no article and it's not two words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back