Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

I wish to have an AI robot as soon as possible to help me do the chores. I don't really concern about whether AI would dominate the world or not. I just want something that doesn't tire and can work anytime. To be honest, I don't think they would jeopardise our life unless human manipulates them to do so. They have immortal life so what's the point of eliminating humans in the world? Do they need money? I don't think so.

I'm not really concerned that AI could dominate the world.

Computers don't have human traits -- any of them. They can't be kind. They can't be mean. They don't have ambition. They have no wishes or desires.

I don't think they would jeopardize our lives unless manipulated to do so.

They are not alive, so I don't know that you can say they are immortal. They certainly can't die.

I wish want [to have] an AI robot as soon as possible to help me do the chores. I don't really concern I'm not really concerned about whether AI would dominate taking over the world. or not. I just want something that doesn't get tired and can work anytime at any time/24/7. To be honest, I don't think they would jeopardise our life threaten/harm us unless humans manipulates programmed them to do so.
See above.
They have immortal life so what's the point of eliminating humans in the world? Do they need money? I don't think so.
None of this makes any sense to me. As Tarheel said, they're not alive so they can't be immortal. I would say the can "die" metaphorically. They're mechanical/electrical/computer-driven so there are literally thousands of things that could go wrong with them, ending their useful life. Have you never said "Uh oh. My laptop's died!", "No! My mobile's finally died!" or similar?
I have no idea what the part about money is doing there. Are you suggesting that a possible motive for them to eliminate humans would be to get all the money in the world, but in your opinion that motive doesn't hold water because they don't need money?

See above.

None of this makes any sense to me. As Tarheel said, they're not alive so they can't be immortal. I would say the can "die" metaphorically. They're mechanical/electrical/computer-driven so there are literally thousands of things that could go wrong with them, ending their useful life. Have you never said "Uh oh. My laptop's died!", "No! My mobile's finally died!" or similar?
I understand they are not alive but I mean they don't die like humans. They can last forever even if the physical body has broken down. In future, AI's mind (they don't have mind but I don't know how to describe it) can be coped and saved in a place where no one can delete it. If we can say they can "die" metaphorically, can we metaphorically say they are immortal?

I have no idea what the part about money is doing there. Are you suggesting that a possible motive for them to eliminate humans would be to get all the money in the world, but in your opinion that motive doesn't hold water because they don't need money?
Yes. I mean they don’t have any desire such as money so what’s the point of eliminating humans. I don’t think they need money or resources. In future, they might even have unlimited resources from wind, water or the sun. I can’t think of a reason that they need to kill humans. If they want to harm humans they need to have motives, but I can't think of any.

In the last three sentences of my original post, I was trying to think of some possible motives (immortal life, money) for AI to kill people but I can't think of any at that moment.

Last edited:
When do we use "tire"?

If I say "I'm tired" it means I'm low on energy and need to rest. If I say "I tire easily" it means I can't do much before I need to rest.

It can be used to indicate annoyance. For example: "I'm tired of all the questions. If you paid attention to the answers you wouldn't have to keep asking more questions."

AI lacks self-awareness. What does that mean? It doesn't know it exists. It's a more sophisticated tool than a screwdriver or a wrench, but it's a tool.

Computers don't have feelings. They don't get angry. They don't feel happy or sad. We don't have anything they want. They don't want anything we have. They don't want anything.

Some people on this forum are like that. They ask one question. You answer the question. Then they ask the same question again. Arrgh! (You are definitely not one of those people.)

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back