Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

My eyes have been itching. Therefore, I saw an eye doctor today and she said it’s an allergy. I was relieved. Before seeing the doctor, I thought I might have been infected by a strong bacteria. I also thought of other possibilities such as I was cursed because I watched a video about a mummy a month ago. Fortunately, I still have some old shampoo left so I will use it to see if I will get better.

Last edited:
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

I saw the eye doctor today and she said it’s an allergy. I was relieved. Before seeing the doctor, I thought I might have been infected by a strong bacteria. I also thought of other possibilities such as I was cursed because I watched a video about a mummy a month ago. Fortunately, I still have some old shampoo left so I will use IT to see if I will get better.
I have a couple of thoughts. First, the shampoo is not a "them". (You should be fine with the other shampoo since you are not allergic to it.) Second, you need to stop watching those horror movies. You are having some strange reactions to them.

You can probably check the ingredients of the new shampoo to see what's different about it. That should help you pinpoint your allergy.

Thanks for the update. I'm glad you're doing better.

Second, you need to stop watching those horror movies. You are having some strange reactions to them.
Those are travel videos.🤣
You can probably check the ingredients of the new shampoo to see what's different about it. That should help you pinpoint your allergy.
My old shampoo has MIT which is a highly allergic preservative. Therefore, I specifically chose a new shampoo that contains less allergic preservatives but I still get irritated. I guess I have to try each brand.o_O The worst is that I use water to wash my hair.

Are you saying you are allergic to the shampoo you were already using?

I wouldn't say the shampoo is allergic. (I think the word is "allergenic" but I could be wrong. I probably am.)

I'm pretty sure you can find a shampoo that won't produce an allergic reaction.

Are you saying you are allergic to the shampoo you were already using?
It seems that I’m not allergic to MIT which usually causes an allergic reaction to others.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back