Diary - I just learned that a plane of Singaporean airlines experienced turbulence

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

I just learned that a plane of Singaporean airlines experienced turbulence, and it caused death and injuries. The accident reminded me of my flight to Japan a few years ago. First landing failed so the airplane needed to go up immediately before it almost touched the ground. When it went up, I could feel that my heart was being pulled. I guess the speed was high at that time. Being on board a plane is really scary!

The first attempt failed, so they needed to abort the landing. (They wanted to avoid a crash landing, which would have been a much bigger failure.) They regained altitude so they could make another attempt to land the plane.

The acceleration had a definite effect on you. It felt like your heart was being pulled out of your chest. It was scary.

Last edited:
I just learned that a Singapore Airlines plane of Singaporean airlines experienced turbulence , and it which caused death and injuries.
Here, "it" can refer to the plane.
The accident incident reminded me of my a flight I was on to Japan a few years ago.
Note that although it's not wrong, "my flight" suggests the reader knows about it or that it's the only (or some special) flight you took to Japan.
The pilot aborted the first landing failed attempt to land, so the airplane needed to go up immediately, just before it had almost touched the ground. When it went up, I could feel that felt like my heart was being pulled out of my chest. I guess the reason was the rapid acceleration and quick ascent. speed was high at that time. Being on board a plane is can sometimes be really scary!

Note that when a plane almost lands but the pilot then suddenly ascends again, it's called a "go-around" (or, according to Google) a "balked landing". The wheels might even have touched the ground.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back