Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

I find it interesting that sometimes the same dishes I eat in Hong Kong taste very differently from their origin. For example, I like Japanese pork chop rice and I've eaten it a lot of times in Hong Kong. Once I went to Japan and tried it again and I found that the pork chops had a hint of sweet. That was weird to me. I also like curry. Therefore I went to a restaurant who claims they have authentic Indian curry and ,again, that was not what I expected. I think some chefs have adapted their recipes to make their dishes more palatable to Hong Kong people.

Sometimes those dishes you eat in Hong Kong taste different from the way they taste in their place of origin.

I find it interesting that sometimes the same dishes I eat in Hong Kong taste very differently different from how they taste in their country of origin. For example, I like Japanese pork chop rice and I've eaten it a lot of times in Hong Kong. Once, I went to tried it in Japan and tried it again and I found that the pork chops had a hint of sweetness. That was weird. to me. I also like curry no full stop here Therefore so I went to a restaurant who that claims they have to serve authentic Indian curry. and , Again, that was not what I expected. I think some chefs have adapted their recipes to make their dishes more palatable to people from Hong Kong. people.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back