Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

I finally found out why I’ve had migraines so frequently over the past few years! It’s because I wear thick masks so less oxygen is allowed to go through the masks. I tested my theory out a few days ago. Usually, my head starts to hurt after four hours if I wear a mask. This time, I wore a thinner mask and my head didn’t hurt!

This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

I finally found out why I’ve had HEADACHES so frequently over the past few years! It’s because I wear thick masks AND less oxygen is GETS through the masks. I tested my theory out a few days ago. Usually, my head starts to hurt after four hours if I wear a mask. This time, I wore a thinner mask and my head didn’t hurt!
A migraine is a specific type of headache. If you're sure you've been having migraines then go ahead and use that word.

I would not use an exclamation mark in the first sentence. (Some might disagree.)

What you mean to say is that when you get a headache only the left side of your head hurts. I'm not sure if that's a symptom of migraines or not.

(It's been a long time since I've had a headache, and I'm glad of that )

I'm not sure but only my left head hurt.
I didn't know you had two heads!!

This is why re-reading posts before submitting them is important. I'm sure you can now see that your sentence suggests that you have two heads - your left head and your right head. Common sense tells us that you meant the left side of your head but it should serve as a reminder that you need to double-check your posts for ambiguity/potential misunderstanding.

I didn't know you had two heads!!

This is why re-reading posts before submitting them is important. I'm sure you can now see that your sentence suggests that you have two heads - your left head and your right head. Common sense tells us that you meant the left side of your head but it should serve as a reminder that you need to double-check your posts for ambiguity/potential misunderstanding.
:ROFLMAO: I thought a head was like a brain: left brain and right brain.

We each have only one head. 🙂

We each have only one head. 🙂
Yes. We only have one brain too, but we can say left brain and right brain. I thought we could talk about our head like that too. :ROFLMAO:

You were wrong. We do have a left brain and a right brain, but just one head. 🙂

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back