Diary entry - Yesterday, I saw my friend eating croissants on Instagram.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

Yesterday, I saw my friend eating croissants on Instagram. Therefore, I bought one today. Actually, I don't like to eat bread because it reminds me of school life and I don't like to go to school. I ate bread for breakfast every day before school. The bread was always very dry and I needed to drink water to swallow it. Maybe I just hadn't the mood to go to school so I didn't even have the mood to eat bread. The reason why I didn't like to go to school was the early school time. I needed to get to school before 7:50 am. For most of the morning, I was in a mindless status in the class. I couldn't learn anything at that early time.

This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

Yesterday, I saw my friend eating croissants on Instagram. Therefore So, I bought one today. Actually, I don't like to eat bread because it reminds me of school life and I don't like to go to school. I ate bread for breakfast every day before school. The bread was always very dry and I needed to drink water to swallow it. Maybe I just hadn't the mood to go to school so because of my dislike of going to schooI, I didn't even have the mood to eat feel like eating bread. The reason why I didn't like to go to school was the early school time having to wake up early. I needed to get to school before 7:50 am. For most of the morning, I was in a mindless status my mind was blank in the class. I couldn't learn anything in class at that early time.

Does your past honestly compare to a croissant?

A croissant is pastry, not a bread. It is not as dry as bread due to its fat content, and is certainly easier to swallow.

A croissant is pastry, not a bread. It is not as dry as bread due to its fat content, and is certainly easier to swallow.
I thought it was bread. In Cantonese, we called it “Cow horn bread”.

It might depend on the type of croissant. I would expect to find savoury croissants in the bread section, but sweet croissants in the pastry section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back