[Essay] Desribe how children acquire their mother tongue

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmuadth

Member Type
Student or Learner
I am currently a student in the London Teacher Training College attempting this question: describe how children acquire their mother tongue. In aswering the question I tried to explain the controversy among the behaviorists, innatists and the interactionists on how the mother tongue is acquired. I then followed it with the description of the stages children pass through in the course of mother tongue acquisition. Yet to make a conclusion. Please I want to know whether I have taken the right direction in answering the question.

I am currently a student in the London Teacher Training College attempting this question: describe how children acquire their mother tongue. In aswering the question I tried to explain the controversy among the behaviorists, innatists and the interactionists on how the mother tongue is acquired. I then followed it with the description of the stages children pass through in the course of mother tongue acquisition. Yet to make a conclusion. Please I want to know whether I have taken the right direction in answering the question.
That sounds reasonable. You might get extra marks if you had an opinion about which theory was more likely to be correct, and could back it up with evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back