Describe a small business you want to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
Topic: Describe a small business you want to start.

I'd like to start a business of selling coffee and street food because I'm a glutton. There are lot of delicious street food in Hong Kong and I'd like to fuse them with foreign street food. Though I don't know if these food can match well with coffee. But I will try. I will not start this business in near future because I don't have enough money to set it up and most importantly, I have other jobs I'm working on and hope to accomplish first. During the time when I am earning money, I practise my cooking skills. I've decided to join cooking classes after the pandemic.

I'd like to start a business of selling coffee and street food because I'm a glutton (1). There are lot of delicious street foods (2) in Hong Kong and I'd like to fuse them with foreign street foods. Though I don't know if these foods [STRIKE]can[/STRIKE] match well with coffee, but I will try. I will not start this business in near future because I don't have enough money to set it up, and most importantly, I have other jobs I'm working on and hope to accomplish them first. During the time[STRIKE] when [/STRIKE]I am earning money, I will practise my cooking skills. I've decided to join cooking classes after the pandemic.

(1) Do you mean you like eating? A glutton not only eats, but eat a lot.
(2) I presume you are talking about many types of foods.

(1) Do you mean you like eating? A glutton not only eats, but eat a lot.
(2) I presume you are talking about many types of foods.
1. I like eating and eat a lot:lol:.
2. Yes.

I'd like to start a business of selling coffee and street food because I'm a glutton.* There are a lot of delicious street foods in Hong Kong and I'd like to sell them along with foreign street food. I don't know if these foods can match well with coffee, but I will try. I will not start this business in the near future because I don't have enough money to set it up and most importantly, I have other jobs I'm working on and hope to get them done first. During the time when I am earning money, I will practise my cooking skills. I've decided to take cooking classes after the pandemic is over.

*I don't get the connection. Just because you like to eat that doesn't mean you like to cook. Nor does it mean you want to start a business.

Try Italian. :)

*I don't get the connection. Just because you like to eat that doesn't mean you like to cook. Nor does it mean you want to start a business.

Try Italian. :)
Maybe I should add, "I can eat my food if I cook well. And let others know these good food.":lol:

Maybe I should add, "I can eat my food if I cook it well. And let others know these good food.":lol:

I am not sure what you mean by the second sentence. I think maybe you mean to say you like to talk about what a good cook you are.

The "of" in the opening sentence should not be there.

I'd like to start a business selling coffee and street food ...

If I mix seasonings of different countries into the food, can I use the word "fuse"?

If I mix seasonings of different countries into the food, can I use the word "fuse"?

You can, but I like "mix" better.

A mixture of different cuisines is usually referred to as "fusion".

If I mix seasonings of different cuisines into the food, can I use the word "fuse"?

Although you can use "fuse" (or "fusion") I still prefer "mix" (or "mixture"). However, you should do what you want to do.

Your customers won't care what you call it if they like the food.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back