Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Singapore
Hi there,

Does delegation means delegates? I have consulted the dictionary and got a meaning that a group of delegates is a delegation.
Can I use either interchangeably?
For example: Students are organized as delegation/students are organized as delegates. All delegation must be present at the opening ceremony/all delegates must be present at the opening ceremony. Did I use they correctly? Are these okay? I doubt that I have used them correctly.

Thanks,

Hi there,

Does delegation means delegates? I have consulted the dictionary and got a meaning that a group of delegates is a delegation.
Can I use either interchangeably? Yes, but see my corrections below.
For example: Students are organized as a delegation/students are organized as delegates. All of the delegation must be present at the opening ceremony/all delegates must be present at the opening ceremony. Did I use they correctly? Are these okay? I doubt that I have used them correctly.

Thanks,
OK?

One more question. Look at this sentence; (Groups of)Students are organized as delegations. Is it okay? I didn't use "a" but "s".

One more question. Look at this sentence; (Groups of)Students are organized as delegations. Is it okay? I didn't use "a" but "s".
A group of delegates may be a delegation, but I don't see how groups of students can be organised as delegations.

A group of delegates may be a delegation, but I don't see how groups of students can be organised as delegations.

Couldn't one group of students form one delegation and another group/other groups form another/other delegation(s)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back