Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
To go camping is not only for my own satisfaction, but also for my family’s convenience and happiness. I think minimal camping is also necessary, but my camping's purpose is for my family to enjoy their time in camping. It’s so hard to prepare a lot of gear and load it into my car, but I think it’s positively/definitely necessary.

Are the underlined correct?

Last edited:
1. to go camping - camping trips?

2. I would say "enjoyment" instead of "satisfaction".

3. Camping for convenience?

4. Minimal camping is necessary - what do you mean by this? Camping is not a necessity; it is a leisure activity for pleasure and relaxation.

5. My camping's purpose - My idea of going camping

6. It is so hard to prepare -
It is quite a hassle to prepare
It takes quite a lot of effort ..

but it is worth it

4. Minimal camping is necessary - what do you mean by this? Camping is not a necessity; it is a leisure activity for pleasure and relaxation.

but it is worth it

For 1, I changed it like this.
To go camping is not only for my own satisfaction, but also for my family’s convenience and happiness.
=> Camping trips should be geared towards not only my own enjoyment, but also my family’s convenience and happiness.

For 3. Here "convenience" means they should feel comfortable during the trips.

For 4, "minimal camping" meant "camping with minimal gear" for loading and carrying convenience.
4. Minimal camping is necessary - what do you mean by this? Camping is not a necessity; it is a leisure activity for pleasure and relaxation
So I changed it like this.

I think minimal camping is also necessary, but my camping's purpose is for my family to enjoy their time in camping.
=>
I think camping with minimal gear is also necessary, but my idea of going camping is for my family to have a good time in camping.

This is the revision.
Camping trips should be geared towards not only my own enjoyment, but also my family’s convenience and happiness. I think camping with minimal gear is also necessary, but my idea of going camping is for my family to have a good time in camping. It is quite a hassle/It takes quite a lot of effort to prepare a lot of gear and load it into my car, but I think it is worth it/ it’s definitely necessary.

Last edited:

but it is worth it

Why doesn't "satisfaction" fit here? If "satisfaction" comes from achieving or fulfilling something, you can be satisfied with "achieving a good camping trip", but it may sound weird. I'm not sure.

Camping trips should be geared not only towards [STRIKE]not only[/STRIKE] my own enjoyment, but also my family’s convenience [STRIKE]and happiness.[/STRIKE] comfort. To this end, I think camping with minimal gear (or minimalist camping) is [STRIKE]also[/STRIKE] necessary (desirable). My idea of going camping is for my family to have a good time [STRIKE]in camping[/STRIKE]. It is quite a hassle to[STRIKE] prepare[/STRIKE] bring along a lot of gear [STRIKE]and load it into[/STRIKE] in my car (for the trip), but I think it is worth it.

Camping trips should be geared not only towards [STRIKE]not only[/STRIKE] my own enjoyment, but also my family’s convenience [STRIKE]and happiness.[/STRIKE] comfort. To this end, I think camping with minimal gear (or minimalist camping) is [STRIKE]also[/STRIKE] necessary (desirable). My idea of going camping is for my family to have a good time [STRIKE]in camping[/STRIKE]. It is quite a hassle to[STRIKE] prepare[/STRIKE] bring along a lot of gear [STRIKE]and load it into[/STRIKE] in my car (for the trip), but I think it is worth it.

Does my family's convenience make sense? Isn't it convenience for my family?

Perhaps:

We like going camping. Spending time together outdoors--close to nature--is worth the trouble.

Does my family's convenience make sense? Isn't it convenient for my family?

No. It's not about convenience at all. It would be more convenient for you to stay home.

No. It's not about convenience at all. It would be more convenient for you to stay home.

Then do I have to delete convenience and use comfort only?

That would be better.

Going camping

Try:

I go camping not just for myself but for my family also.

Re: Going camping

Going camping is just about the least convenient way to go on holiday. Driving to a muddy field to spend ages putting up an impossible tent, ready for a cold night wondering how long it will be before your entire sleeping bag is soaked through? Nowhere near as convenient as checking in to a nice warm hotel with a comfortable bed, a shower, a working toilet and breakfast you don't have to cook yourself.

(Do you think I'm a fan of camping?)

Re: Going camping

Do you think I'm a fan of camping?

No, I don't think so.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back