Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
Dear Leylâ! Today I will tell to you a journalist who died in 2017. After his death I met with him through his writings that mention from current events, political ideas, some places that he went. When I heard his death I researched on the internet, and found his biography. Reading his writings, watching conferences on the Youtube that he participated are very important for me. They tought me that working with own heart is reached a person to goodness. Yes, he worked hard, wrote writings, made researches related with Bosna, Crimea, Turkey, Andalusia, Asia, photography, exiles, wars and political events on the persecuted minorities. By making documentary related with Ottoman cities, architect Sinan, Jerusalem and Andalusian Muslims he left a big heritage. He was born in my city. Yes, we are sharing the same city. Additionally he stayed in London and learned English.

Dear Leylâ!

Today I will tell [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] you about a journalist who died in 2017. After his death, I [STRIKE]met with[/STRIKE] learnt about him through his writings [STRIKE]that mention from[/STRIKE] about current events, political ideas, [STRIKE]some places that he went[/STRIKE] and his travels.

When I heard about his death, I [STRIKE]researched on the internet[/STRIKE] I did some online research and found his biography. Reading his writings and watching YouTube conferences [STRIKE]on the Youtube[/STRIKE] that he participated in are very important for me.

They [STRIKE]tought[/STRIKE] taught me that working with own heart is reached a person to goodness.

[STRIKE]Yes,[/STRIKE] He worked hard, wrote, [STRIKE]writings[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]made researches related with[/STRIKE] researched Bosnia, Crimea, Turkey, Andalusia, and Asia, photography, exiles, wars and political events on the persecuted minorities. [STRIKE]By making[/STRIKE] His documentary [STRIKE]related with[/STRIKE] about Ottoman cities, the architect Sinan, Jerusalem and Andalusian Muslims [STRIKE]he[/STRIKE] left a [STRIKE]big heritage[/STRIKE] huge legacy.

[STRIKE]He was born in my city. Yes, we are sharing the same city.[/STRIKE] We share the same birthplace.

[STRIKE]Additionally[/STRIKE] Also, he [STRIKE]stayed[/STRIKE] lived in London and learned/studied/spoke English.

See my corrections above. I have no idea what you mean by the blue underlined part. I have left the order intact (although I've added some line breaks to make it easier on the eye) but it doesn't flow very well.

See my corrections above. I have no idea what you mean by the blue underlined part. I have left the order intact (although I've added some line breaks to make it easier on the eye) but it doesn't flow very well.
Thank you for your reply. Yes, I couldn't write the blue part in english correctly. And I think I didn't understand a thing. Which doesn't flow? All of writing or only blue part?

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I couldn't write the blue part well in English. [STRIKE]correctly.[/STRIKE] And I think I didn't understand [STRIKE]a thing[/STRIKE] something. Which part doesn't flow? All of [STRIKE]writing[/STRIKE] it or only the blue part?

The whole thing doesn't flow well. It could be a lot shorter too.

Maybe the blue part should be something like "They taught me that if I always go with my heart, I can be a good person" but I'm really not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back