Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Kazakhstan
Current Location
Kazakhstan
Can you please help me find the right phrase for what I'm trying to say. Here's the situation: parents get divorced, custody problems, etc. But the most important thing is to resolve this in the right way because otherwise it can "damage little child's psyche". Does this phrase work here fine? What other variants can you suggest? Thank you.

Not a teacher

I don't agree with: "damage little child's psych"

Here are some options:

It can place a psychological burden on young children

It can psychologically affect young children.

It can negatively affect the psyche of young children.

M.

Is this child a specific child?

Is this child a specific child?

10-year-old child who's been living for the last 4 years with his grandmother that doesn't let his mother see him...

I think "damage the little child's psyche" is alright then, but please wait for someone else's opinion.

I think "damage the little child's psyche" is alright then, but please wait for someone else's opinion.

I agree that if this is a specific case study, then "the" is perfectly acceptable. However, I would avoid the use of the word "little". I don't see why it can't be "damage to the child's psyche".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back