Academic
Native Language
Greek
Home Country
Greece
Current Location
UK
Hi,

I intend to send this cover letter for an internship.
I would appreciate it if you could check it and tell me what you think.

Thanks a lot.

[FONT=&quot]Dear Ms Smith[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am interested in applying for the internship currently advertised on your website. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This position corresponds to what I am looking for and I believe that it will provide me with the opportunity to demonstrate my knowledge, experience and educational background.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have an MA in Creative Writing from the University of East Anglia and a BA in Communication, Media and Culture from Panteion University. I always had a deep appreciation for literature but both my undergraduate and postgraduate education has taken my interest to a whole new level. During my studies at Panteion University, I worked for the Centre of Turkish Studies. It was a very useful experience, my duties involved providing administrative support as well as conducting research regarding the freedom of speech in Turkey. In addition, I assisted in the translation of relevant articles from English, French and Turkish to Greek. I was a member of the organising committee of “Turkey’s European Accession” a conference held in Thessaloniki in 2005. During the conference I gave a speech regarding free speech in modern day Turkey. I was also a member of the Forum for European Journalism Students, F.E.J.S. It was a very useful experience for me because it taught me to interact and communicate with people from different countries, cultures and backgrounds. I learned how to be an effective team member and to maintain a calm and professional manner during difficult circumstances. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] I am particularly interested in working for(company’s name). The idea that literature can be used as a link to connect different cultures and to promote further understanding is appealing to me. It would be a useful experience for me, as it would provide me with further knowledge regarding the freedom of speech. I would love to be given the chance to contribute to (company’s name) campaigns regarding the libel law reform and the freedom of speech in China.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thank you for your time and consideration.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Looking forward to hear from you soon,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sincerely[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Thanks for your help!

Gillnetter,

if you dont mind i would like to ask you why you removed "looking ....." sentence.

I am asking you because i often use that sentence in letter, so if its incorrect i will avoid using it in future.

Thanx

Gillnetter,

if you dont mind i would like to ask you why you removed "looking ....." sentence.

I am asking you because i often use that sentence in letter, so if its incorrect i will avoid using it in future.

Thanx

I think the phrase (it is not a complete sentence) is a cliche and it does not mean much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back