[General] Could You please review my text? (6 sentences)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rostislav Kravtsiv

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Germany
Hi! I am an indie game developer and now making a short video for key game's features.
Could you please take a look and say if the text I wrote sounds "natural"?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your land was stolen, plundered and poisoned. Criminal gangs rob, rape and kill those who survived.

A bloody tyrant wants to create a new empire of obedient sheeple...but there are some people who will never be enslaved.

Get the weapon you are most fit for, from bats and hammers to flamethrowers and bombs.

Find comrades-in-arms, and go through cruel fights, through swamps, deserts and dead settlements.

Explore the island to find out the truth and punish those who plundered your land.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi! I am an indie game developer and, I am now making a short video for key game features.
Could you please take a look and say if the text I wrote sounds "natural"?

Your land was stolen, plundered and poisoned. Criminal gangs have been robbing, raping, and killing those who survived.

A bloody tyrant wants to create a new empire of obedient sheeple, but there are some people who will never be enslaved.

Get the weapon you are most fit for -- from bats and hammers to flamethrowers and bombs.

Find comrades-in-arms, and go through cruel fights, through swamps, deserts and dead settlements.

Explore the island to find out the truth and punish those who plundered your land.

I am not sure how you can poison land, but why would you do that to land you took for yourself?

:)

Thank you for your help. By "poisoned" I meant "contaminated with radioactive waste" but that would sound cumbersome.

Thank you for your explanation. My opinion hasn't changed. You said:

Your land was stolen, plundered and poisoned.

I still don't tho think somebody would take somebody else's land and then ruin it.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back