[Grammar] could you please correct grammar for sentence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoanglan82vn

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Could you please correct grammar for sentence:
" According to request from Mr.B, we would like to extend the meeting more/ 30 minutes , in order to discuss about issues with finished products in VietNam recently."
Thanks a lot

Could you please correct (the grammar in) the following sentence:

In response to the request from Mr.B, we would like to extend the meeting by 30 minutes, to discuss issues with the finished products in Vietnam recently."

At Mr. B's request, we would like to extend the meeting for 30 minutes to discuss issues concerning the products recently finished in Vietnam.

At Mr. B's request, we would like to extend the meeting for 30 minutes to discuss issues concerning the products recently finished in Vietnam.

With "for", I think you need "thirty more minutes".

"Finished products in Vietnam"and "products finished in Vietnam" do not mean the same thing.

hoanglan82vn, were the products finished in Vietnam?

With "for", I think you need "thirty more minutes".
According to Cambridge, "to extend something" means "to make something last longer", so "to extend the meeting for 30 minutes" means "to make the meeting last 30 minutes longer". That is how I understand it.

hoanglan82vn, were the products finished in Vietnam?

In my company, The products were imported from Korea, they usually use the word " the finished products"

According to Cambridge, "to extend something" means "to make something last longer", so "to extend the meeting for 30 minutes" means "to make the meeting last 30 minutes longer". That is how I understand it.

In this situation, The team invited MR.B meeting on 10 am to 10.30 am. But Mr.B want to have more time around 30 minutes for discuss about issues . Exactly he want to meeting which will be organized from 10 am to 11 am

At Mr. B's request, we have decided to extend the meeting until 11 am to discuss issues concerning the products recently imported from Korea.

I think there is no need to mention Vietnam unless your colleagues do not know your company is in Vietnam.

Last edited:
Meeting

Say:

extend the meeting 30 minutes

You don't need for.

Re: Meeting

It doesn't work without something between "extend" and "30" for me. However, I might not use "for". I'd use "by".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back