Could you help me for proofread my abstract? Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytop2131

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
APPLICATION OF LIVELIHOOD VULNERABILITY INDEX (LVI) IN ASSESSING VULNERABILITY TO CLIMATE CHANGE IN NGU DIEN REGION, PHONG DIEN DISTRICT, THUA THIEN HUE PROVINCE
Application of Livelihood Vulnerability Index (LVI) built by Haln et al. 2009, to assess the level of damage to livelihood of local people in the Ngu Dien region, Phong Dien District, Thua Thien Hue province was conducted by variety of methods. The data is based on the survey of 150 houses, complemented with second data on the number of disasters in five years. Results of the study showed that LVI of Ngu Dien region is increasingly dependent on major component of the health (M3), sources of water (M6), socio- demographic profile (M1), natural disasters- climate change (M7), social networks (M4), livelihood strategies (M2) and financial - food (M5) with resprctive values of 0.079; 0.178; 0.204; 0.223; 0.27; 0.46; and 0.578. LVI value of 0.296 indicates that livelihood vulnerability is not high and value of major components fluctuates from 0 (lowest vulnerability) to 0.6 (highest vulnerability). LVI-IPCC value of -0,027 shows that livelihood vulneralibity under climate change is just a mean level.

Thank you for helping me!

APPLICATION OF LIVELIHOOD VULNERABILITY INDEX (LVI) IN ASSESSING VULNERABILITY TO CLIMATE CHANGE IN NGU DIEN REGION, PHONG DIEN DISTRICT, THUA THIEN HUE PROVINCE
The application of the Livelihood Vulnerability Index (LVI), [STRIKE]built[/STRIKE] which was developed by Haln et al. 2009, to assess the level of damage to the livelihood of local people in the Ngu Dien region, Phong Dien District, Thua Thien Hue Province was [STRIKE]conducted[/STRIKE] evaluated by [STRIKE]variety of[/STRIKE] several methods. The data is based on [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] a survey of 150 households, complemented with secondary data on the number of disasters in five years. Results of the study showed that LVI of the Ngu Dien region is increasingly dependent on the major component of [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] health (M3), sources of water (M6), socio-demographic profile (M1), natural disasters- climate change (M7), social networks (M4), livelihood strategies (M2) and financial- food (M5) with respective values of 0.079; 0.178; 0.204; 0.223; 0.27; 0.46; and 0.578. The LVI value of 0.296 indicates that livelihood vulnerability is not high and the value of major components fluctuates from 0 (lowest vulnerability) to 0.6 (highest vulnerability). The LVI-IPCC value of -0,027 shows that livelihood vulnerability under climate change is just a mean level.
I don't understand the highlighted text.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back