Student or Learner
Native Language
Dutch
Home Country
Netherlands
Current Location
Netherlands
Hello.
Would anybody mind correcting this dialogue I made up for practice?

A: What on earth happened the other night? The whole idea of the gathering was to show everybody a good time with a mix of rave music, but you ruined everything by acting like a jerk. Just because you work for a prominent company and are in good shape doesn’t mean you have the right to be condescending towards others.
B: I’m really sorry. I drank a couple of pints and immediately got hammered. I acknowledge that my behavior was off the rails. For what it’s worth, I can assure you an episode like yesterday's will never repeat.
A: Hopefully, you shape up. I get that you’re a party animal, but still try to set some limits on the amount of alcohol you consume.
B: Yes, man. I will. Anyway, I gotta go. You know how it is at my company; nonstop schedules.
A: Right. See you then. Laters.
B: Later!

Perhaps:

Bob: For what it's worth, it will never happen again.
Abe: Well, I guess you know now that two pints is too much.
Bob: Yeah, I'll know better next time.

Thank you teacher for your suggestions.
I assume those make the conversation more natural, right?

I think so. (In my version Abe comes across as less preachy.)

Prominent company- this doesn't sound natural to me in this conversation. I would use big/famous, etc company.

Thank you, teachers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back