Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hello

Is it a correct collocation to say "convenient in terms of availability"?

Organic food is not convenient in terms of availability.

The mass transit system in this city is not convenient in terms of availability.

With the example about food, it's understandable but it's not natural.

Organic food is not readily available.

With the example about public transport, it doesn't work at all. Can you think of a different way of expressing it?

I wouldn't think food itself as being convenient in any sense. But I have no problem with transit systems as being convenient (or not) in terms of being available.

With the example about food, it's understandable but it's not natural.

Organic food is not readily available.

With the example about public transport, it doesn't work at all. Can you think of a different way of expressing it?

Maybe I could say mass transit system is not available in different parts of the city.

Maybe I could say mass transit system is not available in different parts of the city.

You could say, "mass transit is not available...…" or "a mass transit system is not available.....".

With a mass transit system, I think it is "convenient but not very accessible" in the sense that the network coverage is inadequate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back