Member Type
Other
Native Language
Amharic
Home Country
Kenya
Current Location
UK
Describe a context/situation in which you could present the items/pairs of vocabulary below (1,2 & 3) and how you would clarify the meaning.

NOTE: You may use target language when clarifying vocabulary.

1. Jacket

2.boring vs bored

3. to muddle through

Is this a homework assignment?

Please correct the information in your profile, sabunley96.

No Mike. I want to do context based questions for my dissertation so i want to collect lots of information based on this so that i can expand from there. So please help me if you can. I will appreciate

A​a requested in post #3, please put correct information in your profile details. Once that has been corrected, we can help you.

Thank you. As requested I have updated my profile

OK, thank you for correcting it. Now - we don't just write answers for people. I am a little confused about what you are doing. Is this a question you have written and which will form part of a dissertation?

Thank you for your reply. Yes its a question that will form part of my dissertation in language analysis. For example:
Library v Bookshop

Context: A lesson about public buildings

Concept questions : Can you buy a book from a library? (No)

Can you borrow a book from a Library? (Yes)
Can you borrow a book from a book shop? No.

So I want to expand little bit with these words and I am struggling with the concept question and the situation in which I could present the items/pairs.

Your assistance will be highly appreciated.

I have corrected my profile thank you.

This is just for my dissertation to analyse the language.

Describe a context/situation in which you could present the items/pairs of vocabulary below (1,2 & 3) and how you would clarify the meaning.

NOTE: You may use target language when clarifying vocabulary.

1. Jacket

2.boring vs bored

3. to muddle through
Thank you for your reply. Yes its a question that will form part of my dissertation in language analysis. For example:
Library v Bookshop

Context: A lesson about public buildings

Concept questions : Can you buy a book from a library? (No)

Can you borrow a book from a Library? (Yes)
Can you borrow a book from a book shop? No.

So I want to expand little bit with these words and I am struggling with the concept question and the situation in which I could present the items/pairs.

Your assistance will be highly appreciated.

I'm sorry but we really cannot do your work for you.

It looks like a teacher training assignment rather than a dissertation on language analysis, in which case they're looking for your answers not ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back