Student or Learner
Native Language
Indonesian
Home Country
Indonesia
Current Location
Indonesia
Dear Teachers,

My friend suggested me to contact his teacher related to my undergraduate thesis. Would you like to check my writing and do you think the writing is polite?

Thank you for accepting my request Mr. Downey. I’m contacting you in regards to my undergraduate thesis. I am supposed to conduct a classroom action research using shadowing technique to improve students’ listening ability. One of journal articles I found is yours. I would be grateful if you could give me suggestions and share your experiences, and more references about shadowing technique because I only find few article regarding this technique.

Thanks in advance.

Dear Teachers,

My friend suggested me to contact his teacher related to my undergraduate thesis. Would you like to check my writing and do you think the writing is polite?

Thank you for accepting my request Mr. Downey. I’m contacting you in regards to my undergraduate thesis. I am supposed to conduct a classroom action research using shadowing technique to improve students’ listening ability. One of the journal articles I found is yours. I would be grateful if you could give me some suggestions and share your experiences, and more references about shadowing technique because I could only find a few article regarding this technique.

Thanks in advance.

Your letter is very polite.

My friend suggested me to contact his teacher...
Is it correct to say "suggest someone to do something"?
Should I say "suggest that someone does something"?

Yes, it should be "My friend suggested that I contact his teacher".

"I could only find a few article"
Should "s" be added after "article"?

Thank you for the answer

Your appreciation is welcome but there is no need to write a new post to say thank you. Simply click the Like button on any posts you find helpful. It means that we don't have to open the thread again to read your new post and then find that it doesn't include any new information or an additional question.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back