Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
Does the following sentence make sense and natural to express?

I was confirmed you that the payment has been received.

"...confirmed you... : is unclear.
If you are advising someone that payment has been received: For example: "This is to advise that (your) payment has been received."
If you are indicating that you are acknowledging payment confirmation/receipt: For example: "I have received confirmation of payment."

"I was confirmed you "
It's a past participle tenses and it is also passive. I don't think it is ungrammatical.

It's a past participle tenses
That means nothing and is also ungrammatical!
and it is also passive. I don't think it is ungrammatical.
OK, you may have encountered such phrasing as "he was confirmed president" or "they were confirmed dead", but those are different uses of "confirm".
Again, what you wrote does not make sense. Try rephrasing it and use as many words as you need.

"I was confirmed you "
It's a past participle tenses and it is also passive. I don't think it is ungrammatical.

The test in a law court will not be whether something was possibly grammatical. And this isn't.

I was confirmed and I confirmed you are both possible in some contexts. I was confirmed you is not.

That means nothing and is also ungrammatical!

OK, you may have encountered such phrasing as "he was confirmed president" or "they were confirmed dead", but those are different uses of "confirm".
Again, what you wrote does not make sense. Try rephrasing it and use as many words as you need.
I'm confused now. I read my email from my colleagues whose graduated from University. They wrote the on email and make sense and grammartical. I don't think undergratuate students can write a correct sentence.

I don't know how to find a contest.

I'm confused now.
I don't see why. You asked us in your first post whether the sentence was correct and natural. I assume, therefore, that you had doubts about it yourself. We have told you clearly that it is not grammatical
I read my email from my colleagues whose graduated from University.
Do you mean that this sentence was in an email that you received from a colleague who is a university graduate?
They wrote the on email and make sense and grammartical.
If you are saying that the email makes sense and is grammatical, you are wrong. We have told you that,
I don't think undergratuate students can write a correct sentence.
Did you mean that you think they cannot write an incorrect sentence? Well, this one clearly did write one that was incorrect.

I don't know how to find a contest.
I am sorry, but I don't know what you mean.

I'm confused now. I read it in my an email from my a colleague whose who graduated from university. They wrote the that on in the email and I thought it make made sense and was grammatical. I don't think undergraduate students can write a correct sentence in English.

I don't know how to find a context.

Please note all my corrections above. No offence, but given the number of errors in your post, I don't think your English is of a high enough standard to understand what we're trying to explain about "confirm". Right now, all you need to know is that "I was confirmed you" is wrong in all contexts. There is no situation in which it can work. Feel free to pass that information on to the person who sent you the email.

I'm not really sure what you meant about undergraduates. I'm sure you're not really suggesting that all undergrads are incapable of using English correctly!

Dear Moderator,

Sorry about my post, my thread. Could you mind close this thread? I think my English level can't handle this sentence. And all the reponseings are very useful.

Dear moderators,

I'm sorry about my post, my that I posted this thread. Could you mind close this thread? I think my English level can't isn't high enough to handle this sentence. And All the reponseings responses are were very useful.

Note my corrections above.

You can say "Could you close this thread?" or "Would you mind closing this thread?"
There is no such word as "responseing".

I have locked the thread for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back