Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
"As you might aware from following the news, many countries started to close their boarders including airports. I am a little worried that the UAE might follow those countries' footsteps and take the same precautions and this might affect my prospect of joining your company.

Add to that the fact of me putting on a temporary hold a job offer.

So I wonder if the committee can take its decision earlier before the closure of airports that might happen and that will delay my joining date if I got accepted.

I am not hurrying things up but this new thing that might happen "

Last edited:
"As you might be aware from following the news, many countries have started to close their boarders [STRIKE]including[/STRIKE] and airports. I am a little worried that the UAE might follow suit [STRIKE]those countries' footsteps[/STRIKE] and take the same precautions, and this might affect my prospect of joining your company.

Add to that the fact of me putting on a temporary hold a job offer.

So I wonder if the committee can take its decision earlier before the potential closure of airports that might happen and that will delay my joining date if I got accepted.

I am not [STRIKE]hurrying[/STRIKE] trying to hurry things up, but [STRIKE]this new thing that[/STRIKE] I am concerned about what might happen."
I don't understand the underlined part.

One small detail. A country closes its borders, not its boarders. (The two words are homophones.)

Well done Tarheel. I didn't spot that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back