Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Is the use of "clearly in sight" correct with the opening words "two years into the pandemic" in the following sentence written by me:
Two years into the pandemic, as the world inches towards a new normal, new political and economic contours are clearly in sight.

What do you mean by "political contours"? I don't think it is a common expression.

What do you mean by "political contours"? I don't think it is a common expression.
Okay, so can I say:
Two years into the pandemic, the changing contours of the world economy and politics are clearly in sight as the world inches towards a new normal.

I could, try again. Why use this site anyway if you can just use the Google news search with much more results? It's the same sources.
I think "in sight" is a set phrase.
It is, but as an alternative to "clearly in sight", it works. Your site by the way returns "in clear sight" too (not as much as Google news though).

Last edited:
many more results

I could, try again. Why use this site anyway if you can just use the Google news search with much more results? It's the same sources.

It is, but as an alternative to "clearly in sight", it works. Your site by the way returns "in clear sight" too (not as much as Google news tho
I find fraze.it more reliable, being based on reputable sources, and is recommended by the teachers here. Google comes up with all sorts of stuff, right or wrong.

I find fraze.it more reliable, being based on reputable sources, and is recommended by the teachers here. Google comes up with all sorts of stuff, right or wrong.
I said Google News, not just Google. The former, by the way, is also recommended over at WRF. The sources -- the mainstream media in both cases.

To answer the original question: Yes, clearly in sight is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back