Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
"The China doesn't have any rights in South China Sea." Is "rights" the correct word? I mean they don't possess that area. What word should be used?

It should be China, not [strike]The China[/strike]. I think legal claim might work better than rights, whatever the rights and wrongs of the situation,

...and it should be 'in the South China Sea'.

Last edited:
"The Chinese don't have a leg to walk on over the South Chinese Sea." - Colloquial.

"The Chinese don't have a leg to walk on over the South Chinese Sea." - Colloquial.

Sorry, I didn't get your point but you must be aware that they were trying to build an Island in the sea but US stopped them from doing this.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
That's okay.

Sorry, I didn't get your point but you must be aware that they were trying to build an Island in the sea but US stopped them from doing this.

That is not the case. They are building and haven't been stopped. The US has shown that it regards the waters as international not national, which is different. (I am making no statement about the rights and wrongs of the issues)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back