Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Hi All,

I had an interview recently and have been asked to confirm if I will accept a role in sales. I sent my confirmation and I received the below e-mail.

"We might have some changes regarding the role will update you once we conclude"

I would like to follow up. What is your suggestion?

My suggestions:

1-I hope that the changes to the role has finished and you concluded what the role will be

2-I am looking forward to having an update if the changes to the role has already done and it has been concluded what would be the role

Neither of those is grammatically correct. In any case, they said they will update you, so you don't have to say much. Perhaps:

Thank you for your email. I will be looking forward to hearing from you.

Or something like that.

Neither of those is grammatically correct. In any case, they said they will update you, so you don't have to say much. Perhaps:

Thank you for your email. I will be looking forward to hearing from you.

Or something like that.

Thanks Tarheel for your suggestion. However, I will appreciate it if you could edit my above two suggestions just for my learning

For the first one, perhaps:

I will eagerly waiting for you to tell me what the changes to my role will be.

It's not pushy, and it says you're looking forward to hearing from them.

------- ------ ------ --------- --- ----
For the second one, perhaps:

I am looking forward to an update, and I hope to hear from you soon.

Hi All,

I had an interview recently and have been asked to confirm that I will accept a role in sales. I sent my confirmation, and I received the below e-mail.

"We might have some changes regarding the role and will update you once we conclude."

I would like to follow up. What is your suggestion?

My suggestions:

1- Thank you. I look forward to hearing about the changes.

2- Thank you. I hope you can let me know what the changes are soon. I look forward to hearing from you.
Those are appropriate replies.

Last edited:
As soon as what?
:)

Thank you. I hope you can let me know what the changes are as soon. I look forward to hearing from you.

Charlie has either added a word accidentally, or omitted two words after "soon".

As soon as what?
:)
Don't know where that as came from! Thanks. I just kicked it out.

(First you kicked my as, then I kicked my own as. . . .)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back