The moon can/could be reached.

thanks in advance

Last edited:
Where do you take these sentences from?

Are these answers possible ?

The moon may be reached.

The moon can/could be reached.

thanks in advance
They are correct English sentences, they are in passive voice and they mean more or less the same as your original sentence. But technically, they are not made by changing the voice of it. The original sentence is passive already. If you don't understand what I'm talking about someone (maybe I) will surely explain it to you.
A friend of mine.
Are they some kind of puzzles? Most of your sentences can't be changed to passive voice.

I am not a teacher.

It is possible that the moon is reached

It's the same story. You did more than just transforming the sentence to passive. For example, the oiginal sentence was a simple sentence. In your sentence, there is a clause.

It's the same story. You did more than just transforming the sentence to passive. For example, the oiginal sentence was a simple sentence. In your sentence, there is a clause.

Hmm, maybe Alexander the Great should have tried to untie the Gordian Knot without using a sword. ;-)

Could the moon be reached?
Is the moon possible to be reached? :-?

Hmm, maybe Alexander the Great should have tried to untie the Gordian Knot without using a sword. ;-)
Sure it's not a big deal :)

Last edited:

This is a complex sentence and so is the original sentence. You transformed the non-finite, active, subordinate clause into passive, finite, sub-clause.

Yes, thank you, I've always wondered why people don't see it :)

I have had trouble pinpointing the 'Great' part, but now I am in the know. ;-)

"It is possible that the moon be reached"; but it's ridiculous, no one would say it.

You transformed the non-finite, active, subordinate clause into passive, finite, sub-clause.

Either you are right or this is a line from Shelley's Frankeinstein.;-)

I prefer numerical solutions over analytical ones, but thanks for your effort.

Either you are right or this is a line from Shelley's Frankeinstein.;-)
Are these lines incomprehensible? I haven't read it.

Are these lines incomprehensible? I haven't read it.

This is about my ignorance on some of the grammar terms, not about what corum wrote.

This is about my ignorance on some of the grammar terms, not about what corum wrote.
I understand it :) I'm asking about the book :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back