Can you say: How many days are the wedding? or How many days is the wedding?

• Thread starter B45
  • Start date
  • Views : 3,433
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

B45

Can you say:

How many days are the wedding?

or

How many days is the wedding?

Are both useable? Why one or the other?

How about:

How many days does the wedding last?

Or:

How long does the wedding last?

:)

I am not familiar with multiple-day weddings.

I assumed you meant "In how many days is the wedding?" or "How many days to go until the wedding?" Whilst the celebrations might last a few days, a wedding in the UK lasts a couple of hours at the most.

I assumed you meant "In how many days is the wedding?" or "How many days to go until the wedding?" Whilst the celebrations might last a few days, a wedding in the UK lasts a couple of hours at the most.

It's a 2 day wedding including the reception, so the person was asking:

How many days is the wedding?

Or

How many days are the wedding?

Are both okay?

Neither is OK.

See Tarheel's post #2.

How many days are there to the wedding?

hi, you can say either how many days does the wedding take or how many days does the wedding
last
icon11.png

Yes, if you capitalize the first word and end with a question mark. Also we invert the subject and auxiliary verb in a question.

Hi, can you say....

Hi, you can say either "How many days does the wedding take?" or "How many days does the wedding last?"
icon11.png

Melpo, thanks for responding to the learner's question. The contents of your post are grammatically correct but, particularly as your profile states you are an English teacher, it's important that you use correct capitalisation and punctuation at all times. Learners will assume that everything you write is correct. Please see my corrections above and ensure that future posts are correctly written. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back