[Essay] Can you Please help about my English Essay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilovejmdg

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tagalog
Home Country
Philippines
Current Location
Australia
Can you please check my essay about advertisement . I dont know if this correct or wrong i just need a feedback and grammar error abou it .:-|:?::lol:
INTRODUCTION

The advertising is a method of communication with public consumers to promote their brand name, merchandise and indulgence throughout televisions and prints advertisement. In our own eyes, we distinguish that advertising can be seen every day, whether it’s on social media, web pages on the internet, and mostly in television. Advertising manipulating our own preferences to buys items for consumptions and influences our behaviour and attitudes towards on a particular issue. In fact, for advertising to be effective, marketers applies different use of visual, language and aural techniques to grab the attention of targeted audience. All advertisements have a target audience, known as demographics they are groups based on age, gender, income level, occupation and interest and concerns and through the use of by with different techniques strategies the advertiser can target a specific audience. Combined with the application of intertextuality, and appeal and representations advertisers aim to connect a chosen demographic.
The fast food has become part of our lives it’s famous for most people because it’s cheaper than fancy food, it’s convenient and its tastes good. Consuming a huge amount of fast food can cause harmful effects on our health that result of changed in advertising. Additionally, various companies of fast food apply the method of communication known as advertising and spend millions of dollars each year on advertising to aim directly to the chosen demographic. The fast food print advertising appears very presentable yet it’s extremely different in reality. In contrast, the fast food television advertising intent to work with the visual, language and audio techniques to appeal to the target audience. It is significant that, the food industry applies different techniques strategies to their print and television advertisement to connect to the target demographic.
BURGERKING
Burger king is an international fast food restaurant that sells different variety of burgers to the consumer. In fact, in Australia burger king is known as hungry jack because the company could not use the original name at that the time since it was already registered in the country. Meanwhile, the television advertising is a complex industry in May 2006; Burger King released a television advertisement called “I am Man” that focuses about the Burger King Texas double whooper burger. However, the market advertisers of Burger king benefits the usage of visual, language and aural technique to successfully appeal to the target demographic.
The “I am man” television advertisement of Burger king is about the Texas double whopper was mainly portray men that displays the stereotypes of men that they don’t settle for chick food because there are man they eat heavier than women who only eat a small portion of food. Furthermore, the flashes of a banner saying “Eat this meat” and “I am Man” are visual techniques that appeal to the audience that this television advertisement targets groups of men. Not only the display of visual techniques but also the application of language techniques that supports the evident that the target demographic of the television advertisement of Burger King “I am Man” would be men in age eighteen to upper class men who has a sufficient amount of income to buy the Texas double whooper and men that doesn’t have energy to cook nutritious so they preferred to eat in burger king because it’s affordable, fast, and it’s meat that mostly men loves. Above all, it seems pertinent to remember that the application of different techniques successfully appeals to the audience that this television advertisement implies that the target demographic are men at age eighteen to upper class men who has a job and interested in the product.
The intertextuality evident in television advertisement of Burger King “I am man” includes stereotypical imagery about men. A specific examples of intersexuality is the background song is a parody of the feminist anthem “I am Woman” by Helen Reddy, which was a call-to-arms for women in the 1970s. The song lyrics are changed to suit the target demographic. Another example of intertextuality that displays in the television advertisement is men burning their undies in contrast to a reference to women burning their bras. In fact, most of the background scenes contain women in stereotypical poses such as cheerleaders and a woman wearing pink clothes this advertisement expose that men ignore them completely in favour of the Texas double whooper burger. Above all, the intertextual evident in the “I am Man” burger king advertisement formed to ensure a clear connection with the product and consumers through the visual, language and audio techniques that create a strong appeal to the target demographic.
The television advertisement ensures a clear connection to the target demographic through the representation of visual techniques. The advertisements begin to displays a man with his girlfriend at elegant restaurant where the waiter only serves small portions of food the camera focuses in the food to the man that starts to sings.in fact in the first scene it obviously displays that the people in this television advertising wearing a professional clothing that represent that the setting it’s in elegant restaurant. On the other hand, the man bursts out of the elegant restaurant due to a small portion of food and joined by more hungry men who all take the Texas double whopper in their hands, the burger in this advertising expose a presentable food than in reality represent that men couldn’t settle for a chic food. Then he joined a group of men walking and singing throughout the city resembling a group of protest man. The video features some scene that focus to appeals to the target demographic including three guys showing their bicep while eating Texas double whopper represents the manliness od the advertising and the last scene showing the group of men lifting a heavy family minivan that thrown off the bridge into a yellow dump truck. The yellow dump truck is pulled by a large masculine man that represents the stereotypes of men is stronger than women and eat heavier than women. Above all, the expose evidence of visual techniques applies to represent the product of Burger king the Texas double whooper that successfully appeals to target demographic.
In contrast, the “I am Man” television advertisement of Burger king applies the language and audio techniques to the target demographic that results to a clear connection to the product and consumers. The video manage to apply the parody song of the feminist anthem “I am Woman” by Helen Reddy into catchy song “I am man”. The original song is about female empowerment and became the anthem for the women’s liberation movement the first stanza in the lyrics saying, “I am Women, hear me roar”, “No one’s ever gonna keep me down” represents that this song is for women who wanted their freedom. On the other hand, the catchy song of the burger king contains the lyrics saying, “I am Man, hear me roar”, “And I’m way too hungry to settle for chick food!”, “Now it's for Whopper beef I reach”, “I am starved!” represents the stereotypes of men and it illustrate the burger king product. For this reason, both of the song has both rhyme word but different words and meaning to appeal to the target demographic. The application of the catchy song of Burger King to advertise to the consumer successfully appeal to the target demographic through the display of humour and parody. Significantly, the expose of the banner saying, “Eat this meat” and “Eat like a Man, Man!” are evidence of language techniques that represents that a man should eat the Texas double whooper burger because its satisfy men hunger. Over all, the application of the parody song “I am a Women” into catchy song title “I am Man” are the evidence of audio techniques and the displays of banner saying’ “Eat like a man, man!” and
“Eat this meat” are evidence of language techniques that work together to create a short story line that strengthened the appeal to the target demographic.
In contrast to the “I am Man” Burger King television advertisement whom the target demographic would be eighteen to upper class men, the Carl’s Jr. print advertisement is designed for women who’s health and beauty are the main preference in life. In fact the “I am Man”, television advertisement applies the visual, language and audio techniques to successfully delivering the intended message. On the other hand the Carl’s Jr. print advertisement applies the visual techniques featuring a popular celebrity holding their product and the display of sex appeals.

[STRIKE]The [/STRIKE]Advertising is a method of communication with public consumers to promote their (who is their?)brand name, merchandise and indulgence (??) through[STRIKE]out[/STRIKE] television[STRIKE]s [/STRIKE]and print[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE] advertisements. [STRIKE]In our own eyes,[/STRIKE] We [STRIKE]distinguish[/STRIKE] observe that advertising can be seen every day all around us, whether it’s on the social media, web pages on the internet, and [STRIKE]mostly in [/STRIKE] especially on television. Advertising manipulating attempts to sway our [STRIKE]own[/STRIKE] preferences to buy[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE] items for consumption[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE] and influences our behaviour and attitudes towards on a particular [STRIKE]issue[/STRIKE] product.

not a teacher

Perhaps:

Advertising is a means of promoting goods and services.​

You need to make paragraph breaks.
:)

[STRIKE]In fact,[/STRIKE] For advertising to be effective, marketers [STRIKE]applies different[/STRIKE] use [STRIKE]of [/STRIKE] different visual, language and aural techniques to grab the attention of the targeted audience. All advertisements have a target audience, known as demographics. They are groups based on age, gender, income level, occupation and interest and [STRIKE]concerns[/STRIKE] other criteria. [STRIKE]and [/STRIKE]Through the use of [STRIKE]by with[/STRIKE] different techniques and strategies the advertiser can target a specific audience. Combined with the application of intertextuality(??), [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] appeal and representations, advertisers aim to connect with a chosen demographic.

Last edited:
ilovedjmdg, when are you going to submit this essay to your teacher for grading?

It's due on 13th of March, thank you for your feedback .

You were lucky to get the help that you did earlier in the post. We do not/will not/cannot help with any piece of work which will be submitted for grading. Your teacher is not interested in how well we can write your essay. S/he is interested only in how well you write your essay. Do the best job you can, submit it to your teacher and, after you get it back with a grade and comments, you can come back to us for help if there are any comments or corrections you don't understand.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back